Thursday, August 18, 2011

Jurassic insects from China?

I was going through some boxes of mixed fossils that I'd bought years and years ago when I was not so organized or focused. I came across these two plates of fossil insects from China. Unfortunately the labels only indicate "Jurassic" and "China" so I have no real ID on them.

Plate #1 has a single insect that looks like a fly of some kind.


Plate #2 has two insects, one that is similar to the first plate and a second that looks like some kind of beetle.


The rock that composes the plates does not look the same as that which comes from the famous Jethol Biota of Liaoning China. If anyone has any ideas on the origin of the fossils or insect genera, please let me know.

1 comment:

  1. I have a similar fossil I purchased to your second plate. It has the following label :

    Hemipfera (true bug)
    L Jurasic/E Cretaceous
    Shandong Province
    China

    ReplyDelete